Transcription Can Be Hard
Here at Scribie, we’ve been pushing the limits in comparison to the traditional transcription industry. For better or worse, our business model is gaining momentum and causing a major shift in the way people and businesses view transcriptions.
Let’s take a look at the difference:
The traditional model…
- High cost — you’re hiring an agency or a specialist. It’s going to hit your wallet, hard.
- Hard to stay consistent — What happens when the first project you send in is done to perfection… but then on your next transcription, a new employee at the agency takes over. What if there’s no oversight and the mistakes go unnoticed.
- Slow turn around time — When dealing with a company that specifically does transcription, (with the traditional model) they have to either employ as little transcribers as possible to keep profits high or increases prices. Unfortunately, both of these are negatives to the client.
Now, the Scribie “freelance” model…
- Low cost — Affordable transcriptions 24/7, our availability of high-quality freelance transcribers allows us to keep internal costs low which we pass onto the client.
- Perfect consistency — Through our proprietary transcription quality check process, we can guarantee a 98% accuracy. Multiple checks and balances, editors, and a killer review process lets us perfect an imperfect industry. The use of intelligent technology and our expertise is a huge benefit in this area.
- Turn around on YOUR schedule — Another huge benefit to having access to a huge quantity of transcribers is that we can work on your schedule… instead of the opposite. Shouldn’t it always be that way? Choose when you need the transcription done, between a month to as quick as 8-12 hours.
As you can see, through technology, innovation, and a smart business model we have created a triple win-win-win situation for our clients, our freelancers, and our business.
The transcription industry is a perfect example of disruption allowing additional benefits and value to the provided without cutting back. Essentially, through our strong quality check process, we are able to mix the benefits of human transcription with those of a freelance model.
The other less-known benefit to our model
Another one of the huge benefits to this pioneering business model is that we add value to a whole new segment of the world. Instead of just benefiting the clients and the business — we are able to give work at home mom’s, and other segments of the population looking for work from the comfort of their home, access to a straightforward way to make money.
Almost anyone will a solid grasp of the English language, as well as strong communication and writing skills can be a great transcriber. Just put on your headphones, listen, and type. We’ll take care of the rest.
It’s just about that simple.