Audio Transcription and SEO
Brian Dean (Backlinko) is an internationally recognized entrepreneur and SEO expert. He recently put together a massive list of 201 actionable SEO tips that are sure to provide inspiration to SEO veterans and novices alike.
We’ve picked out two tips that Scribie can immediately help you execute and give your SEO a huge boost.
- Transcribing Audio into Text (or Vice Versa)
- At $0.75/min, Scribie offers audio transcription at 99% accuracy. This is the best rate/value in the industry. Other transcription services may offer low prices but ultimately fail to deliver on accuracy—don’t compromise the accuracy of your content.
- Offering a blogger a text version of their podcast or video is a great way to build relationships with other bloggers. Note: Brian cautions against asking for a reciprocal backlink as this goes against Google’s guidelines.
- Audio Transcription of Videos
- You can have the best [Insert Your Product Here] video on YouTube, but in order to fully take advantage of it, you have to transcribe the dialogue. This tells Google what the content in your video is about and will help funnel more qualified traffic your way.
- Also, we would like to note that audio transcription provides a valuable service to people with disabilities. By including an accurate transcript you are ensuring the accessibility of your content to millions of people who would otherwise not be exposed to it.
- Scribie can provide subtitle files in SubRip (.srt) and SubViewer (.sbv) formats. All you have to do is paste your video link into our multi-format importer, place your order and we’ll do the rest. Once your file is done transcribing, upload it to your YouTube or Vimeo (or other video sharing service) and you will now have optimized and SEO friendly content.
If you’re interested in more of Brian’s techniques check out his blog below.