“Recording is only half the work done. What truly matters, is what goes into making a video stand out from the rest and deliver what its audience seeks” goes a general saying.
Recording a video isn’t just about the tools and tech that brings it together but the way it is done.
Have you ever come across people who take much trouble to churn out a perfect video, get their tools right, choose the perfect setting, but the audio output isn’t of great quality? Or those that have a great video, but one that isn’t clear and therefore cannot be transcribed properly? …
You hear about how video is the next big thing all the time.
I believe that this is completely untrue.
Video is ALREADY the BIG thing that people have been citing for years now.
YouTube is the second biggest search engine on the face of the earth. Not Bing.
Let that fact sink in.
You can claim the offer on this link: Scribie Discount
With Podcasts becoming one of the more prominent content channels, it is crucial that content creators take podcast transcriptions a lot more seriously.
With some of the best podcasters out there, churning out brilliant content regularly, there is a huge upside to converting those audio clips into text formats (transcripts).
If you are new to transcription, consider this your quick start guide. You’ll find a few tips in this concise guide to get you off on the right foot for you transcription career. …
If you’ve ever found yourself in need of a transcription service, you know that by doing a Google search, you will see a lot of results. Just because there are many transcription services out there, doesn’t mean that they all match up to each other. …
Transcription and Subtitles in 2017
If you’re reading this, you may be asking yourself why should I bother to add subtitles to my videos? They are just videos after all; a visual aid. It’s simple to just watch the video, get the information or content in that manner and go about your merry way. Well, it isn’t that simple. In this day and age, it’s vital to add subtitles to your videos. Let’s discuss a few reasons why. …
Audio Transcription and SEO
Brian Dean (Backlinko) is an internationally recognized entrepreneur and SEO expert. He recently put together a massive list of 201 actionable SEO tips that are sure to provide inspiration to SEO veterans and novices alike.
We’ve picked out two tips that Scribie can immediately help you execute and give your SEO a huge boost.
- Transcribing Audio into Text (or Vice Versa)
- At $0.75/min, Scribie offers audio transcription at 99% accuracy. This is the best rate/value in the industry. Other transcription services may offer low prices but ultimately fail to deliver on accuracy—don’t compromise the accuracy of your content.
- Offering a blogger a text version of their podcast or video is a great way to build relationships with other bloggers. Note: Brian cautions against asking for a reciprocal backlink as this goes against Google’s guidelines.
- Audio Transcription of Videos
- You can have the best [Insert Your Product Here] video on YouTube, but in order to fully take advantage of it, you have to transcribe the dialogue. This tells Google what the content in your video is about and will help funnel more qualified traffic your way.
- Also, we would like to note that audio transcription provides a valuable service to people with disabilities. By including an accurate transcript you are ensuring the accessibility of your content to millions of people who would otherwise not be exposed to it.
- Scribie can provide subtitle files in SubRip (.srt) and SubViewer (.sbv) formats. All you have to do is paste your video link into our multi-format importer, place your order and we’ll do the rest. Once your file is done transcribing, upload it to your YouTube or Vimeo (or other video sharing service) and you will now have optimized and SEO friendly content.
If you’re interested in more of Brian’s techniques check out his blog below.
Source: 201 Powerful SEO Tips (That Actually Work)
Tricky Timberlake Transcription
Transcription is not an easy task. If you don’t believe me, try the following experiment.
Above is a video of Justin Timberlake shedding light on why taking selfies in a voting booth is frowned upon. The video is less than 2 minutes long. Your objective is to see how many words you can transcribe accurately in 5 minutes. …
The Foibles of Speech Recognition
In this day and age, more and more of what we are doing is becoming automated. One example would be banking. You don’t have to go to a bank anymore to deposit or transfer money. You can do that from an app or just log on to their website. Some banks don’t even have physical buildings. Human interaction and the component of business is becoming more and more limited. …