The Integrated Editor has proven to be one of the most useful tool at Scribie.com. We always get great comments about it in our customer surveys. We use it as the primary editor in all the four steps of our process; transcription, review, proofreading and QC and also make it available to our customers for files which have been transcribed and delivered. But today we are changing that. The editor is now available for all files which are uploaded to our website. You can always order the transcript, but if you wish to transcribe it yourself, you are more than welcome.
The following are some notable features.
- Supported file formats: mp3, wav, wma, m4a, ogg, aif, aiff, amr, 3gp, 3gp, wmv, avi, flv, mpg, mp4, m4v, mov, webm, mts
- Configureable shortcuts
- Autocapitalization and autocorrect
- Live spellchecker
- Terms and Phrase Analysis
- Conversion of transcript to Word/PDF/ODT formats.
- Tab completion (coming soon)
- Word prediction (coming soon)
The following additional features are available on Google Chrome browser.
- Variable speed playback
- Dynamics Compressor
The editor has been extensively tested and works on all HTML5 supported browsers. However we recommend the latest version of Google Chrome for the best performance.
The following is a brief step-by-step guide.
- Upload your file at https://scribie.com/files/upload
- Wait for the upload to complete
- Click on the Transcribe link as show below.
As usual, comments and feedback is most welcome.
This worked very well indeed. I transcribed 2 minutes in no time and added the transcription to the post with my audio recording. It’s here:
The web page I refer to is here: