If you are new to transcription, consider this your quick start guide. You’ll find a few tips in this concise guide to get you off on the right foot for you transcription career. Continue reading “Beginner Transcriber Guide and Quick Tips”
As a business professional, student, teacher, or whatever reason you may have for using a transcription service, you want to know that the service you used has done their job and done it well. You want your work or project to be up to the highest standards.
With that in mind, did you know that Scribie offers you a simple approach to check and review the quality of your transcripts? It’s a few steps that can be done with the use of a tool that only Scribie offers, their free Integrated Editor.
The Integrated Editor provides a variety of tools at your disposal including a full feature text editor, unified interface, auto-capitalization, auto-correct, text analysis, and variable speed playback, just to name a few. With the editor, you’ll want to analyze your transcript, check for underlines and blanks, and do random spot checks. Let’s get started.
You can analyze your document by simply click ‘Analysis’ at the top of the Integrated Editor. It will underline words that either are not recognized by the editor or words and phrases that are not common. Scan the underlines and play those portions to ensure that things are correct. If you want to analyze any word or phrase further, you can right click on the word for a list of options.
If you see blanks in your transcript it’s due to transcribers not being fully sure what was said in your audio. Easily find those blank spots using the editor by holding down CTRL+B. It’ll play the audio just prior to the blank and you can fill it in with the appropriate word or phrase.
Scribie recommends that you randomly check portions of your transcript instead of going through the entire document. If you find key mistakes in your spot checks, then check the entire paragraph for any further issues. To check a paragraph, click in any part of the paragraph and hold down CTRL+ALT+N.
By doing these few things, you can ensure that the transcription is all that you need it to be. Scribie strives to provide you with no less than 98% accuracy and by providing this service, we want to show you we take that guarantee seriously.
The Integrated Editor is a one of a kind online transcription tool that only Scribie has to offer. We’ve touched on a few of its features in a previous blog and now we’ll continue to talk about more features that the Integrated Editor has to offer.
The Integrated Editor comes with a featured packed text editor that helps you while going over your files. You can click on a line in the text editor and it’ll take you to that point in the audio or vice versa.
The Integrated Editor also supports a variety of audio and video formats. Some the formats supported are mp3, wav, m4a, avi, flv, mp4, wmv, and mov. You don’t have to worry about whether your file will be supported as there are many types supported in the editor.
A fun feature included in the Integrated Editor is the multi-cursor. This allows you to select a word and change all occurrences of that word to another word. All you do is select a word, press CTL+ALT+G, which highlights all occurrences of that word, and simply type what change you want to make. It’ll change all occurrences to that new word.
Another feature that you’ll find in the Integrated Editor is text analysis. You can utilize this feature by clicking ‘Analysis’ at the top of the editor and the least common words and phrases or words not recognized by the editor in the document will be underlined. This allows you to go through your document for accuracy and cohesion. For further analysis, simply right click on a word to provide you with more options.
Want to learn more about the Integrated Editor? Simply click here to see all the features. Next time, we’ll discuss the last few features of the Integrated Editor in more detail.
“Scribie is one of the best ways to get audio transcription”.
These days we have unlimited options available in the marketplace for every need and want of ours. Audio transcription is no different. We have many audio transcription services out there who promise us a bag of good things but deliver none. In this scenario where every single detail of conversation is of utmost importance, we need to be extra cautious of what is promised versus what is delivered.
How Scribie is providing a unique experience.
- We provide hassle free and easy to use services for our clients.
- We offer free re-review if you are not satisfied with the quality of files delivered.
- We have various turnaround option at different rates, from flex 5 (3 -5 days) to 1 Day (24 hours) and Express (8-12 hours) you can choose whichever suits you the best.
- Our process is a four step process transcription, review, proofreading, and quality check. We guarantee 99% accuracy.
- We ensure that a number of people collaboratively work on each file, which results in a higher quality transcript. Everyone works as a team at Scribie.
- We ensure the accuracy and effort to be the same regardless of the size of the file. Even the shortest file is worked upon by more than three people.
- We have set of protocols to follow which delivers consistent and certified results.
- Want to track the progress? We have a WIP (Work in progress) system set up to give you a real-time progress update for all of your transcripts.
- Integrated Editor, helps you check the quality of delivered files and you can even go ahead and make corrections or fill in the blanks.
- We will send email notification in case of delay. We keep our clients informed about the entire process.
- We have recently launched teleconferencing and phone call recording service integrated with transcription service. So if you want to record a phone call or conference call and then order for transcripts then just book a call with us and the recording and order for transcription will happen automatically.
Please send us a mail at firstname.lastname@example.org or you can chat with us directly.